The basic concept of Family medicine is to approach the person as a whole, by incorporating current medical, psychological and social understanding of health. Its aim is to provide continuous, coordinated and inclusive care to patients.
DSFH Family medicine clinic is offering a range of comprehensive medical services including preventive care for all individuals and their families which include:
- First line management of acute illnesses in all age groups.
- Continuous care and treatment of chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, metabolic syndrome, obesity, bronchial asthma, osteoarthritis, osteoporosis and thyroid diseases.
- DSFH annual preventive adult health screening program for early detection of common cancers in females and males such as breast, cervical, colorectal and prostate cancers. Screening of chronic diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, coronary artery disease, high cholesterol, metabolic syndrome, osteoporosis and thyroid diseases etc including psychological problems such as anxiety and depression.
- Diabetes care
- Preventive adult health screening program for ARAMCO employees.
- Outpatient general check up program for males and females.
- Adult immunization program.
- Premarital screening and advices.
- Traveling advices and vaccination.
- Contraception/family planning and advices.
- Counseling and education with regard to health promotion such as weight reduction, diet, physical activity, smoking cessation, relaxation techniques and breast self examination.