The urology department at DSFH prides to have been the first department in the private sector in the Kingdom to perform renal transplantations. It offers management for the following conditions:
- Urinary tract stone disease: which is rampant in our population. Treatment options available include ESWL-lithotripsy, endoscopic removal of stones, percutaneous nephro-lithotomy and open surgical removal of stones.
- Benign prostate hyperplasia: this happens to be the most common condition in middle-aged and elderly males. Patients who do not respond to medical treatment are offered the option of endoscopic removal of the prostate.
- Malignant diseases of the urinary tract: our urology consultants have extensive experience in the treatment of cancers of the prostate, kidneys, urinary bladder and testis. Close follow up is maintained with the oncology consultants through regular joint meetings.
- Urinary tract infections: which are the most frequent health problem encountered daily in urology clinics
Pediatric urology services: as congenital malformations of the urinary tract.
- Renal transplantation: performed in association with the nephrology unit with good result.
Other services include management of erectile dysfunction and male infertility. Trauma and reconstructive surgery