Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department
DSFH physical medicine and rehabilitation departments is committed to the care and enhancement of human life and strives to deliver high quality cost-effective healthcare to the community it serves.
The department offers diverse rehabilitation services to DSFH patients including:
- Sports medicine: running injuries, sprains, evaluation of exercise programs.
- Rheumatological disorders: arthritis, neck and back pain, soft tissue problems
- Pain management: diagnosis and treatment with soft tissue and intra-articular injections and biofeedback
- Neurological disorders: strokes, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, neuropathies, balance disorders
Rehabilitation of orthopedic and other surgical conditions as: discectomy, total knee and total hip replacements, amputees, post-mastectomy.
- Urinary incontinence and pelvic floor dysfunction
- Occupational therapy
The department is comprised of two separate male & female sections, both run by qualified consultants. Our physiatrists are experts in the management of the above mentioned list of disorders.
The department employs a wide range of physical therapy equipment, such as:
- Short and microwave diathermy
- Ultraviolet and infrared devices
- Stimulation currents
- Pulse wave
- Galvanic / Faradic stimulation
- Large swimming pool
- Highly equipped gym
- Butterfly hydrotherapy